Recovery of PMON 2.x system without another computer
Is there any way to recover a broken PMON 2.1 system without the use of another computer? Below is what I found in my research, just want to make sure I'm not missing a technique.
Also, is there a PMON 2.x command to list all available disk devices?
It looks like the choices are remove the hard drive and do the install/rescue from another machine, or boot via the network from another machine via TFTP or NFS. It looks like [http://www.opsycon.se/node/63 USB Support only exists in PMON 2000 3.x], not the 2.x versions on the lemote machines.
* Local/Removed Hard Drive: [http://www.beijinglug.org/en/index.php?Itemid=12&id=169&option=com_content&task=view Install Linux from USB CD-drive] - Actually sort of misnamed, the author couldn't get booting from USB CD to work via PMON, so instead did the OS install by removing the hard drive and installing from another computer.
* Local/From working OS: [http://www.underhanded.org/papers/debian-conversion/remotedeb.html HOWTO - Install Debian Onto a Remote Linux System] should probably work with only minor modifications.
* Network/NFS: [http://www.lemote.com/bbs/viewthread.php?tid=5260&page=6 Gentoo on Loongson port]
* Network/TFTP: [http://dev.gentoo.org/~redhatter/mips/loongson/netboots/ Loongson Netboot Images] and [http://philbunce.com/pmon/pmon54/html/dlether.htm Downloading Files via Ethernet]
* PMON [http://opsycon.com/PMON2000/OnlineManual/CmdRef/cmd_diskboot.htm diskboot] command doc